This coming Saturday marks the day when I leave the comfortability of my home of 21 years (country, state, and residence) and embark on a journey to Mannheim, Germany for 6 months. This is a scary thought. But then again, many things are scary in this day and age. The time has come for me to remove myself from the comfort that I have lived in for the entirety of my life and set off on a new adventure overseas in the land of lederhosens and sauerkraut. This adventure takes some preparation however, and in this, I am currently lacking. As of now I have about 5 items placed on my bedroom floor with no suitcase to house them and the inability to subdue my anxiety for long enough to conjure up said suitcase and begin placing the items into their storage for the next few days. Rough for both them and me.
This blog is something that I had not thought of creating until just today, when my friend Molly convinced me to do so. I am not going to make any claims to the magnificence of this blog, because as many of you know, I am not one to fuddle around with technology. I will be sure to post often enough to relay all of my wild and crazy wanderings-- perhaps the occasional story about a delicious wurst I ate, or a damn good German beer that I came across, perhaps the happenings in the fungicide/ corn world (I am sure you are all dying to know the inner workings of that), or maybe even an interaction with Angela Merkel herself (yeah right)-- but in times of blog-writing absence, I will be sure to communicate in various other ways. The ability of technology in this 21st century world that we live in is unbelievable.
Well I believe this first post has met its end and supplied the sufficient information to catalyze its introduction into the interweb universe and the hearts of you at home.
Until January my friends,
Alex
No comments:
Post a Comment